What is the responsive design?
Responsive web design is relatively new. As a concept, it was created by Marcotte in 2010. This phrase means that in process of developing and creating a website were used such methods and techniques that allow you to view information on both big and small devices. Thus the user does not encounter major inconveniences. Currently, you can access the Internet from a computer, laptop, netbook, iPhone, IPad, phones with different screens, etc. It's quite expensive to create its own version of a website for each device. In this case, adaptive design can give a helping hand.
In a number of techniques that use this direction there are:
- tailoring a web page for different sizes and screen resolutions;
- accounting of the phenomenon of touch, which involves the use of the mouse (here also pay attention to the undesirability of the menu on the left side, because users are predominantly right-handed, which entails periodic "grazing" menu when the device is in the left hand);
- the use of dynamic images that change their size (here, developers face two major problems - the speed of loading and support configuration page of all browsers; for example, setting max width 100% in CSS doesn't support some versions of Internet Explorer);
- configuration change the entire layout of the website when entering it from different gadgets (practitioners of adaptive design pay attention to the useful option CSS media queries, which enables you to register the main style and clarify the options for different screens);
- work with the content assumes basic formats of picked up a meaning that is easy to read without information loss (e.g., for phone versions of a major photography makes sense to change the links, etc.);
- create one column resources;
- reformatting of tables representing data in the form of diagrams/drawings;
-the formation drop-down menu;
- multiple testing of the results.
Adaptive design develops quite quickly (along with the increase in the number and type of devices as well as network users).
So today you can find a lot of examples of sites made with the use of responsive design and a program that allows you to create a mesh or to generate ready-made websites, with only basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. Everything about the design of the sites you can see after completing a few stages, among which there are mentioned the work with graphic editors, as well as learning the basics of HTML, which allows you to not only paint a beautiful picture and fonts but also to have an idea about how items can be transferred to the screen software. This combination of skills allows avoiding unnecessary alterations and misunderstanding on the part of those who will implement design ideas. Not to be redundant professional art education and knowledge in the field of photography. And the "aces" know foreign languages, therefore, mainly on English-language resources published new interesting articles and techniques, including tagged "responsive design".